Okayama Prefectural Museum of Art
"Okayama Prefectural Museum of Art is located along Prefectural Route 400 in Tenjin-cho, Kita Ward in the city of Okayama. It collects and exhibits the works of traditional illustrators, traditional Japanese painters, Western-style painters, craftspeople, sculptors, and other artists who have a connection with Okayama. In addition to the permanent collection ""The Art of Okayama,"" in which the objects on display are changed periodically, and special exhibitions, the museum also sponsors events such as lectures about art and workshops."
- Okayama Pref. Okayamashi Kita-ku Tenjinchou 8-48
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's holiday, Exhibition change Period
- [Admission fee] [General] 350yen [College students] 250yen [65 and over] 170yen [Small/Middle/High school students] Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(Okayama Free Wi-Fi)
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Yes (2 nursing rooms available)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- And What is the Permanent Collection Like?
- Looking over some previous reviews, I learn that the museum has a collection. The reason I mention this is because on my visit today, there was nothing to be seen from said collection, as they were...
- Nice but not foreigner friendly!
- Beautiful building and helpful staff however for a high end museum there is a surprising lack of foreign language signs or descriptions of anything. Half of the art works had just a tiny blurb in...
- Hidden gem
- Given that Okayama isnt a huge tourist destination in and of itself, this was a surprisingly nice and modern museum. Seems to get some really good exhibitions too.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.