This shrine is located at the foot of Kibi no Nakayama in the Ichinomiya area of Kita Ward, Okayama City. The main shrine building is on the site of the residence of Okibitsuhiko no mikoto, who suppressed Kibi no Kuni, and has him as the principal shrine god. The shrine is also called “Asahi no Miya” (shrine of the morning sun) because the sun rises directly in front of the main torii gate and enters the mirror in the shrine on the summer solstice.
- Okayama Pref. Okayamashi Kita-ku Ichinomiya 1043 Map
- Kibiji Area
[Divine Amulet Office] 8:30-17:00
[Prayer Reception hours] 9:00-16:00
*Excluding New Year's holiday period
- open everyday
- [Hatsuho] From 5,000 yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (Available only at specified locations)
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Very good temple with nice view
- When I went there in the morning, the weather is cold. It has nice scene to capture photos. We can also check small pond in front of this temple. If you are interested, you can insert 100 coin at the...
- Peaceful, scenic
- It was pretty quiet when I went. About 15 minutes on the local train from Okayama. Will only need at more an hour there. Just because of the tranquility, and the scenic mountains around it, well...
- Very peaceful place. You can have a relaxing hike in surrounding area and hill. Only few people if visiting on December as we did.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.