Yunomine Onsen Tsuboyu
Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
A public bathhouse located in the almost exact center of the Yunomine hot spring district through which passes the Kumano Highway. This unusual hot spring is also registered as part of the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Routes World Heritage Site as it is used by pilgrims to ritually purify them. The bathhouse’ bath is quite simple in construction, consisting of a natural stone bathing tub and wood board walls. Only around two to three people can enter at a time; there is no separate men’s or women’s bath. The rules for usage of the bath are as follows: Bathers get a numbered ticket at the entrance to the hot spring district and, when their number comes up, may bathe in the tub for 30 minutes before they must leave and the next group of bathers is allowed to enter. The nice thing about this system is that during their time, a group has the bath all to themselves. As the waters of the tub naturally change color several times throughout the day, the bath is known as a “seven colored bath.” The legend of Oguri Hangan is also connected to the bath.
- Wakayama Pref. Tanabeshi Honguchouyunomine 110
- open everyday (maintenance closed)
- [Adult] 780yen [Under 12 years old] 470yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Must try
- 30 minutes in the oldest hot spring in Japan, why not? Could not have chance to see how the water change coulor 7 times per day but really enjoyed to soaked my body in here, watch out for centipedes...
- Quaint and special
- If you are after a special cultural experience buy the 700+yen ticket for your 30 minute soak. It’s not the most attractive Onsen I’ve been in. It’s also pretty small and claustrophobic. But it’s got...
- The Hot Pot, Funky but Nice
- Right on the old hot springs river. Famous for many reasons and worth a visit. You can boil eggs here! For an amusing and informative tour of this trail and this hot springs, Id suggest getting a...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.