Nagahama Castle Historical Museum
Museum / Science Museum
A museum located on the site of the Nagahama Castle Ruins in Koen-cho, Nagahama City. The museum operates out of a restoration of the castle based on how it would have looked in the distant Azuchi-Momoyama period. The museum’s standing exhibition looks at the history of the northern Lake Biwa area and Nagahama; the mighty samurai lord Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who built Nagahama Castle; and other themes relating to Nagahama. The museum also holds special exhibitions on the Nagahama area and historical figures like Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Shiga Pref. Nagahamashi Kouenchou 10-10
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Please check HP
- [Admission fee] [Adults (High school students and above)] 410yen (330yen) [Small/Junior high school students] 200yen (160yen) * Group fee (20 people and above) in parentheses
- Parking Lot
- Available (380spaces) * Ho Park Parking Lot Regular car 3 hours Free
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(Biwako Free Wi-fi)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- One of the few castles in Japan next to a lake
- This small castle is a short walk from the Nagahama JR station and has a great view out over Lake Biwa. It was one of Hideyoshi Toyotomis first castles and the museum explains some of the history of...
- Nice sunset view at Ho Park
- The Castle was not big and was easily missed (from main road) as it was blocked by trees. Good view of surrounding area from the top. Good sunset view on the lakeside area of Ho Park.
- Nagahama Castle
- We had a very nice lady show us the museum in english! Theres a lot of interesting pieces that shows the history of Nagahama It was really good I loved everything!
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.