Hitomi Museum of Art (日登美美術館)
An art museum situated along the Happu Highway in Yamakami-cho, Higashiomi City. The museum’s collection consists of works of art gathered by Reizo Zushi, founder of the Hitomi clothing company. The museum’s artworks include ukiyoe by such Hiroshige and woodblock prints by Shiko Munakata, but its collection of pieces by potter Bernard Leach is the largest in Japan and these make up the core of the facility’s standing exhibition.
Shiga Pref. Higashioumishi Yamakamichou 2083 (Kusatsu / OmihachimanArea)
- Shiga Pref. Higashioumishi Yamakamichou 2083 [map]
- 10:00-18:00(Last entry17:00)
- Thursday, New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 500yen [Small, Junior high school students] Free (when accompanied by Adults)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Visitors to Shiga prefecture are almost always hopping east across the prefectural border from Kyoto, and they are almost certainly Lake Biwa-bound. Covering an area of 670 square kilometers, Lake Biwa makes up the bulk of Shiga prefecture, with beautiful lakeside paths that offer myriad walking and cycling opportunities, connecting a string of museums, shrines, and picturesque views that finally lead you to Hikone Castle on the eastern side of the lake.