Hiyoshi Taisha Shrine
A Shinto shrine located in Sakamoto, Otsu City. The shrine was founded some 2,100 years ago. The shrine is also the head shrine of all 3,800 Hiyoshi, Hie, and Sanno shrines in Japan. Positioned in the unlucky direction northeast of the ancient capital of Heian-kyo, the shrine is believed to provide protection from misfortune and disaster and even today worshippers come here to receive these benefits. 3,000 maple trees grow on the shrine’s grounds, making it a renowned destination for autumn foliage in the fall as well.
- Shiga Pref. Otsushi Sakamoto 5-1-1
- Otsu Area
- open everyday
- [Admission sponsorship fee] 300yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (only around the office)
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Good starter before going to the Hieisan-Enryakuji
- This shrine locates at the foot of the mountain which accommodates the Enryakuji.We stopped by on our way and find it very relaxing but sorry to say that the Enryakuji overwhelmed us. But I was...
- You will like especially if you are not bored of shrines
- I didnt plan to visit this place but I walked along it and I had some spare time to spend. It was on the 5th day of my Kyoto trip so I got a bit bored by the temples and shrines but overall, it was...
- The temple grounds are very large , forest kind of area , no amazing things , Just near the entrance there are 3 stone bridges and a rather large leaning pine tree...but if you go in Autumn it is lit...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.