Omihachiman Suigo Meguri (Original Boat Tour) (近江八幡水郷めぐり)
A sightseeing boat service which operates from the Honenbashi Bridge Boat Dock in Kitanosho-cho, Omihachiman City. Tour-goers get in a hand-paddled boat and slowly travel the canals of Omihachiman. No reservations are required if you don’t mind sharing a boat with others, but you can also reserve your own private boat; private boat riders can choose to enjoy a “Suigo Bento” box lunch or Omi beef sukiyaki during their tour (advance reservation required).
Shiga Pref. Oumihachimanshi Kitanoshouchou 880 (Kusatsu / OmihachimanArea)
9:00-16:00 (Boarding ship 10:00, 15:00 departure)
Review of OumiHatiman Sighteeing CooperativeTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Shiga Pref. Oumihachimanshi Kitanoshouchou 880 [map]
- 9:00-16:00 (Boarding ship 10:00, 15:00 departure)
- [4/1-11/30] open everyday
* Canceled in case of bad weather
- [Boarding ship]
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Visitors to Shiga prefecture are almost always hopping east across the prefectural border from Kyoto, and they are almost certainly Lake Biwa-bound. Covering an area of 670 square kilometers, Lake Biwa makes up the bulk of Shiga prefecture, with beautiful lakeside paths that offer myriad walking and cycling opportunities, connecting a string of museums, shrines, and picturesque views that finally lead you to Hikone Castle on the eastern side of the lake.