Roadside Station Ryuo Kagaminosato (道の駅 竜王かがみの里)
A roadside station situated along National Route 8 in Kagami, Ryuo Town, Gamo County, Shiga Prefecture. The station sells Omi rice grown in Ryuo Town and other local agricultural and specialty products as well as bento box lunches, side dishes, and fresh-baked breads. The station’s restaurant serves 100% Omi beef Hamburg steaks and other dishes made with Omi beef and rice, in addition to “Yoshitsune Genpuku Ryori,” a meal which recreates the kind of food samurai warriors would eat on special occasions in the Kamakura period (reservation required at least seven days in advance; minimum number of party members: 3).
Shiga Pref. Gamougunryuouchou Kagami 1231-2 (Kusatsu / OmihachimanArea)
Review of Michinoeki Ryuo KagaminosatoTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Shiga Pref. Gamougunryuouchou Kagami 1231-2 [map]
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), 12/31, 1/1
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 7, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Visitors to Shiga prefecture are almost always hopping east across the prefectural border from Kyoto, and they are almost certainly Lake Biwa-bound. Covering an area of 670 square kilometers, Lake Biwa makes up the bulk of Shiga prefecture, with beautiful lakeside paths that offer myriad walking and cycling opportunities, connecting a string of museums, shrines, and picturesque views that finally lead you to Hikone Castle on the eastern side of the lake.