Castle / Ruins of Castle
The castle in Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture where the stone walls, the castle gate and castle tower keep have been restored. There's a lot to learn inside the grounds with pictures and models on display as well as a viewing platform on the top level. Surrounding the castle is Hamamatsu Castle Park, a popular meeting spot not just for tourists but for the locals as well.
- Shizuoka Pref. Hamamatsushi Naka-ku Motoshirochou 100-2
- 8:30-16:30(Last entry16:20)
- [Admission fee] [High school students and above] 200yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Available(Hamamatsu Wi-Fi)
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- used to be beautiful now it is ugly
- it used to be very beautiful place but the city made a change to attract tourists and put massive ugly signs or allowed a starbucks to run in the property , all of which has destroyed serenity it had.
- A little castle in the city
- The castle is very well preserved and its in the middle of yhe city,very close to Hamamatsu Station.Doesnt take very long to roam around it as its a small castle in comparison to other big ones.
- Late reconstruction of Yeasu’s castle
- Vast majority of text in Japanese. Only interesting thing is to contemplate how small has all started for the guy who created a 260 years shogunate. Reminds me of the original Habsburg castle in...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.