Hattasan Soneiji Temple
This temple is a part of the Koyasan Shingon Sect temples and its primary object of worship is Shokannon or Avalokitesvara?. The temple was established by Gyoki in 725 AD with the ascension of Emperor Shomu and the current main-hall was rebuilt in 1983. Kannon is known to ward off evil and the temple is famous for their warding dumplings. The harvest festival, which occurs on January 7th, has been designated an Intangible Folk Cultural Property of Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Shizuoka Pref. Fukuroishi Toyosawa 2777
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- An old Buddhism temple in the mountain
- This old Buddhism temple Son-ei-ji founded in 725 has been famous as Hattasan in this area.When you arrive at the parking lot or bus stop, you will find a path to an old gate Nio-mon. You can...
- Hattasan Temple
- Crowded with locals in new year, spring sakura seasons.Summer time is not a peak season but yet you can enjoy walkig in the woods from the wooden gare to the main building. This temple is also...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.