Shizuoka Municipal Nihondaira Zoo
This zoo in Suruga Ward, Shizuoka City is known as one of the leading zoos in the country with almost 700 animals covering 160 species. The pens have been built to resemble the animal's natural habitat and include a wide variety of facilities including the Penguin House, the Red Panda House, and the Wild Animal House where you can watch the animals from up close. The popular Flying Megadome and Petting Zoo also draw large crowds.
- Shizuoka Pref. Shizuokashi Suruga-ku Ikeda 1767-6
- 9:00-16:30(Last entryHours16:00)
- every Monday Sunday (Public holidays, next weekday for substitute public holidays), New Year's holiday (12/29-1/1)
- [Admission fee] [General] 620yen [Small/Junior high school students] 150yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- English Menu
- Available (English version of the park available)
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 1, 2020 (Information as of May 29, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- So much fun for kids
- We had a great time watching the seals. And there was a huge slide which was fun too. It is like a roller slide from the top of the mountain.
- Feeling so real!
- The most characteristic feature of this zoo is that you can see animals at a very close distance with only ￥610 (almost 5.5 US$) . There are many sections of animals depending on the category, like...
- Small cages, yet a big parking lot?
- I wish I could write a zero star revieq, because the experience was so horrible. Animals have barely any space to move, monkey cages are tiny, they barely had any space to move not to say run or jump...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.