Shizuoka Prefectural Museum of Art
This art museum in Suruga Ward, Shizuoka City contains works from local Shizuoka artists including modern sculptures, ukiyo-e wood block prints, and Nihonga paintings as well as both eastern and western landscape paintings from the 17th century onwards. The Rodin Wing has many works of art by master Rodin, including his famous piece, The Thinker. Their permanent collection includes not just works of art but a wide variety of exhibitions including excavated historical relics. They also hold workshops giving you the chance to create your own works of art.
- Shizuoka Pref. Shizuokashi Suruga-ku Yada 53-2
- 10:00-17:30 (last entry 17:00)
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's holiday, exhibition replacement periods
[collection exhibition]Adults300yen, under university students, 70 years old and over Free
[special exhibition]varies by exhibition
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available (Scheduled to be available from around 9 Monday)
- Not available
- * Reiwa 3rd year 9Monday6Sunday to Reiwa 4th year 3Monday31Sunday The entire building is closed due to renovation work.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Impressive Museum
- I really enjoyed my visit to the Shizuoka Prefectural Museum of Art. The sculpture park was a lovely stroll and the special exhibition that was on at the time I was there was very interesting...
- Special exhibitions might be excellent depending on your preference
- This museum of art is located on the top of the hill with plenty of greens. The atmosphere around the building is really comfortable.This museum is very famous with the statues created by Rodin. The...
- Nice gallery, quiet atmosphere.
- There are a god selection of both traditional Japanese, and contemporary western paintings here, but for me the main draw is the excellent Rodin sculpture hall. In particular, the centrepiece Gates...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.