Hamaoka Nuclear Exhibition Center (浜岡原子力館)
This free promotional facility is located at the Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station in Omaezaki City, Shizuoka Prefecture. There, visitors can enjoy seeing exhibits on subjects such as nuclear power and environmental issues, viewing films at their Yu Yu Theater (Former name: OMNIMAX Theater), and more. The facility, which also holds a variety of regularly events including tours, is visited by many people on weekends.
Shizuoka Pref. Omaezakishi Sakura 5561 (Yaizu / Omaezaki / Oi RiverArea)
Review of Hamaoka GenshiryokukanTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Shizuoka Pref. Omaezakishi Sakura 5561 [map]
- 3rdMonday (Public holiday, substitute public holiday, The next day), New Year's Holiday (12/29-1/3)
*Aug. is closed
- Admission Free
- Parking Lot
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of July 20, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Temporary suspension of operations:For the time being, it is closed (according to 2020/7/20)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
With the giant Pacific Ocean to the south and the great Mount Fuji to the north, Shizuoka prefecture is blessed with some of the best views the country has to offer. The white sand beaches of the Izu Peninsula are a rare find on mainland Japan, neighbored by beautiful cliffs, tumbling hills, and natural hot springs. As Japan’s largest producer of green tea, the age-old tradition of tea drinking is ubiquitous in Shizuoka, from the miles of tea fields to the old tea houses hosting traditional tea ceremonies.