Roadside Station Kaikoku Shimoda Minato
Michi no Eki Road Station
A roadside station located along National Route 135 in Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture. There is a fishery association direct sales store, where you can buy Japanese lobster, turban shell, and abalone, and a conveyor belt sushi restaurant, where you can taste fresh seafood. In addition, it features a harbor museum, souvenir shops, and a tourist information office, so many tourists stop by for a visit.
- Shizuoka Shimoda-shi Soto Ke Oka 1-1 Map
- [Sea Exchange Hall] 9:00-17:00 (Depends on establishment)
- open everyday (tenants are irregular holidays)
- [Umi Koryukan (Permanent exhibition room Admission fee)]Adults500yen, Elementary and junior high school students250yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB)
*Varies by store
- Available (Road Station FREE WiFi)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 17, 2020 (Information as of May 14, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 3,001-5,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Another shopping arcade
- Just leaving Shimoda, this is an ideal place to buy some souvenirs. Be aware that some shops don’t accept credit cards.There is a park nearby where kids can play bit.
- SAFE HARBOR
- Michi-no-eki (road station) Shimoda Kaikoku Minato” was named this because of its history, the first port opened for foreign ships when Japan ended its long policy of seclusion during the Edo...
- Good place to shop for gifts
- Found many gift items that are local, for example, tangerine shochu, tangerine wine, variety of wasabi products...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.