A garden located in Atsuta Nishi-machi, Atsuta Ward, Nagoya City. Modeled after geographical features in the Chubu region such as Mt. Ontake and the Kiso River, this traditional Japanese excursion garden built around a central pond is one of the largest in the Tokai region. Inside the garden, there is a teahouse built in the sukiya style, and a teahouse cafe which serves matcha powdered green tea, Japanese sweets, and lunch dishes.
Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Atsuta-ku Atsutanishimachi 2-5 (NagoyaArea)
9:00-17:00 (Admission is 16:30)
Review of Shirotori GardenTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Such a beautiful and relaxing garden! Perfect for photos and enjoying the wonderful view!
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Atsuta-ku Atsutanishimachi 2-5 [ map ]
- 9:00-17:00 (Admission is 16:30)
- Monday (next weekday if public holiday), New Year's Holiday
- [Admission fee to view] Adults300yen, Nagoya city resident Over 65100yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Currently closed (information as of May 18, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Aichi is a prefecture of great natural beauty with Nagoya city at its heart, a busy hub home to a labyrinth of underground shops and the 17th-century Nagoya Castle. Castles are easy to find in this history-rich prefecture, but the highlight for history buffs has to be the Museum Meiji-mura, where preserved buildings from the turn of the 20th century are displayed in all their grandeur in an outdoor museum.