Mie Prefectural Museum (MieMu)
Museum / Science Museum
This museum opened in 2014. To reach it, take a bus for five minutes from the west entrance of Kintetsu, JR, and Ise Railway's Tsu Station and get off at the Sogo Bunka Center Mae stop. It's right there. The museum is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the prefecture. Its main exhibition room depicts Mie's characteristic natural environment around the perimeter of the room, and in the middle presents a comprehensive overview of its people, physical items, and history of cultural exchange. You can also see a fully reconstructed ancient elephant known as the Mie Elephant, consisting of the oldest fossils to be discovered in Mie prefecture. In the back yard there's a reproduction of the Torii Kofun burial mound's stone hut.
- Mie Pref. Tsushi Isshindenkoudubeta 3060
- Matsusaka / Tsu Area
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), 12/29-1/3
- [Special Exhibition Room] General 520yen, Student 310yen, Free for high school students and younger * Special exhibition will be decided each time
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 11, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Nice place to spend an afternoon
- Interesting exhibits from Mie Prefecture. Nice informative exhibits on the geography, culture and history of Mie prefecture. Most of the information is presented in Japanese. They do have a free...
- The place to go to get to know the province of Mie
- Mie has a history which stretches back some 4 million years, quite astounding. I used an English audio guide which helped a lot. It is quite modern and it has a large collection of artifacts. Great...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.