Yamanashi Prefectural Museum of Art
This art museum surrounded by the greenery in Kofu City, Yamanashi Prefecture is located inside Prefectural Arts Park. The museum has become known as the the museum of Millet due to its collection centered on the representative works of French painter Jean-Francois Millet. In addition to a gallery focused on painting and sculptures by western artists, the museum also holds a range of events.
- Yamanashi Pref. Koufushi Kugawa 1-4-27
- 9:00-17:00 (admission until 16:30)
- Monday (the next day for public holidays), the next day of public holidays (open on Sundays), New Year's holiday, other temporary openings, closed
- [Admission fee] General 520yen for collection exhibitions, 220yen for university students, High school students and younger, 65 and over (with health insurance card, etc.), persons with disabilities, and their caregivers are free.
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- English Menu
- Available (Ticket counter only)
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 1, 2020 (Information as of May 15, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A walk in the shade.
- I’ve only toured the museum exhibits once but I often came to visit the gorgeous gardens and walk the grounds. My girlfriend and I came here together and we have wonderful memories of this place. The...
- Nice museum to visit without the crowds
- I visited the museum a few weeks back and I was pleasantly surprised overall. There was a fun childrens magical exhibit, along with works by Millet. The gift shop is a bit small but has enough of...
- Prefectural perfection
- My son and his family are fortunate enough to live just opposite the Prefectural Art Museum. It has lovely landscaped gardens, with streams, ponds popuated by koi, bridges, rocks and pathways. The...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Yamanashi
- The Base of Mt. Fuji
- Fuji-Q Highland
- Kitaguchihongu Fuji Sengenjinja
- Arakurayama Sengen Park
- Around Lake Kawaguchi
- Lake Kawaguchi
- Mt. Kachi Ropeway
- Oishi Park
- Around Lake Yamanaka
- Lake Yamanaka
- Oshino Hakkai Springs
- Yamanakako Panoramic Observatory
- Minobu / Shimobe Onsen
- Lake Motosu
- Minobusan Kuonji Temple
- Kouan Camp