Yamanashi Prefectural Maglev Exhibition Center
Museum / Science Museum
This facility in Tsuru City, Yamanashi Prefecture is a place where people can learn first-hand how superconducting magnetic levitation (SCMaglev) railways work. Visitors can also watch tests on the Yamanashi maglev test line or check out models and exhibits that introduce SCMaglev technology and the Chuo Shinkansen. The adjacent Waku-waku Yamanashi-kan features an area with tourist information on Yamanashi Prefecture on its second floor, while its first flour features a shop that offers local products.
- Yamanashi Pref. Tsurushi Ogatayama 2381 Map
- 9:00-17:00 (admission until 16:30)
- Monday (Open if Monday is Public holidays, next Tuesday, Open if Tuesday is Public holidays) Public holidays The next day (Open if Public holidays The next day is Friday, Saturday Sunday) New Year's holiday (12)/29-1/3)
- [Admission fee] General/University student 420yen, High school students310yen, Elementary and junior high school students200yen, Pre-schoolers Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A vision of the future of rail travel.
- Even if you only have a passing interest in trains (or even none at all!) this is well worth calling into if youre on your way to Fuji. The staff were all very helpful - enthusiastic even to help...
- I saw Linear Shinkansen. Very fast!
- I saw Linear Shinkansen. It is very very fast! Exhibition Center is good for children. My grandchildren were very excited to see the Shinkansen passing by in front of them.
- Great stop on the way to Mt. Fuji / Five Lakes region
- They have a range of exhibits on the train, how magnetic levitation works, and the impact that this new train will have on Japanese society. The day that we were there the train was running at...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.