Museum / Science Museum
This museum is in a residential area of Nakayama-machi, Takayama City, bordered by the Kawakami River and National Route 41. Its exterior really stands out. Made of stone, it’s built to look like a Mesoamerican pyramid with a temple atmosphere. It primarily exhibits ancient artifacts and works of art like Japanese paintings, ukiyoe prints, and crafts. There are lots of displays that kids will like, including realistic models of dinosaurs, fossil replicas, and fossils excavated from Hida. Plenty of other items are on display across their expansive site too, which includes a Noh theater and an outdoor exhibition area.
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Nakayamamachi 175
- Takayama Area
- 10:00-17:00(Latest entry16:00)
Tuesday, Wednesday (excluding Public holidays)
[Admission fee Friday]
[70 years old and over] 700yen
[High school/university student] 700yen
[Small/Junior High School Students] 300yen
* For 70 years old and over, it is necessary to show something that can confirm the age.
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Not available
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Impressive building worth a visit on bad weather days
- Visit this place for its amazing architecture. As for what is inside the building, the opinion seems to be divided but its a little bit of everything under the sun from dinosaurs to modern art. There...
- A pleasant surprise
- Frankly, before coming, I was simply looking for something to kill time. But it turned out to be a nice experience. The architecture is quite interesting. Basically, it’s a pyramid. And this...
- Very beautiful and moving
- Start on the 3rd floor and definitely visit your local center of Sukyo Mahikari, Centers For Spiritual Development for a complimentary Light Session. It is life changing.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.