Gifu City Museum of History
Museum / Science Museum
Gifu City Museum of History is a historical museum operated by the city of Gifu, located in Gifu Park at the foot of Mt. Kinka. The museum is divided into four areas: prehistoric to medieval times, the warring states period, the early modern and contemporary periods, and traditional crafts. Since the museum deals with history as it affected Gifu, the warring states area is large, given Gifu's connections with the life of Oda Nobunaga, a major figure of that period. Exhibits are designed to depict his influence on Japanese culture. The museum contains several areas for experiential learning, such as one where visitors can try on traditional armor and come directly in touch with history.
- Gifu Pref. Gifushi Omiyachou 2-18-1 Gifu Park Map
- Gifu Area
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day for public holidays), The next day for public holidays, New Year's holiday (12/28-1/3)
[High school students and above]310yen
[Elementary and junior high school students]150yen
- Parking Lot
*Please use the Gifu Park parking lot.
- Credit Card
Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, Diners Club)
※Admission fee only
- Not available
- Available(Gifu-City Free Wi-Fi)
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Wheelchair accessible
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- 岐阜市歴史博物館 a wealth of information
- Our first stop in Gifu, from Nagoya after alighting at from Meitetsu bus. This Museum is just near the Park that leads to ropeway up Mt Kinka. A mid-sized and nice museum, entry 300 Yen Not many...
- A very well done museum
- Visited on a Saturday afternoon, and the museum has attracted many parents and kids for their special event that day. The museum is very beautifully done with give contents. It also gives a good...
- Nice museum
- Nice museum! And quite nice exposition and interactive program.Placed very nice, so you can visit 3 places at once:Gifu castle, Gifu Historical Museum and Nawa Insect Museum. Ticket price is very...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.