Hida Sashiko Company
Located about a 10-minute walk from JR Takayama Station, this long-established store manufactures and sells traditional Hida handicrafts, sashiko (quilted clothes). Housed in a machiya (traditional wooden townhouse) on a quiet street along the Miya River, it has a space that spreads like a gallery. The “bobo kurumi,” carefully made piece by piece, is a cute sarubobo (monkey doll) made using cloth that can be bought only here. There are many small accessories that use traditional patterns in a contemporary style, and besides pouches and bags, there are also luncheon mats and tissue paper cases with beautiful designs. Even the same products have their own individuality, making it fun to search for your favorite one.
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Kataharamachi 60
- Takayama Area
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, e-commerce, etc.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- A wonderful discovery on my tour of Takayama
- I love sashiko and the projects I share with friends. I purchased some thread and discovered the uniqueness of your products. The staff was gracious and helpful since I did not speak Japanese very...
- Wonderful handcraft boutique.
- Just wonderful! All the beautiful things and embroidery got me speachless. The staff was very nice and the owner herself was a nice little lady with great skills in Japanese sashiko embroidery...
- What a wonderful shop
- The clothes here are exquisite, staff helpful and some wonderful kits to buy. Wish I lived closer but a good reason to return to Takayama
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.