Handmade Soba and Udon Hida
Soba / Udon
This handmade soba and udon noodle restaurant is located across from the Juroku Bank and near the front of JR Takayama Station. Their springy and flavorful homemade soba noodles are made exclusively with buckwheat grown in Hida that has been coarsely ground with a bespoke stone mortar. We recommend their juwari soba (soba noodles made without any wheat flour), which allows you to enjoy the inherent flavor of buckwheat. Their juwari sansai zaru soba, which is their juwari soba noodles served on a bamboo sieve along with stewed edible wild plants and seasonal tempura, is an extravagant treat. Most of the wild plants featured in the dish were collected by the restaurant’s owner.
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Hanasatomachi 5-22
- Takayama Area
- Irregular holidays
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- After the festival
- Feeling cold and hungry after the amazing float festival we enjoyed the hospitality of this traditional noodle house. Menus helpfully in English we were served hot green tea while we made our choice...
- Great food great service
- We loved this restaurant so much we ate there twice! 100% buckwheat noodles (get in early or they sell out). The ladies working there were so welcoming and friendly :) would definitely recommend to...
- One happy celiac!
- Had lunch here today and it was excellent. They have 100% buckwheat noodles so we went in for lunch. Sadly the buckwheat soba is so popular they were sold out for the day - so go early! The chef came...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.