Takaoka Art Museum
This art museum is located a 10-minute drive from Noetsu Expressway's Takaoka Kita Interchange. The museum holds world-class special exhibitions with a focus on artistic handicrafts and metallic sculpture. Designed by architect Shozo Uchii, the museum was selected as one of the best 100 public buildings in Japan. The first floor features three special exhibit rooms centered on a vaulted art hall. The second floor features a gallery exhibiting local art as well as the Takaoka City Fujiko F. Fujio Hometown Art Gallery. The basement features a shop, a tea lounge, and more.
- Toyama Pref. Takaokashi Nakagawa 1-1-30
- Takaoka Area
- 9:30-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (Next Weekday for Public holidays), New Year's holiday (12/29-1/3)
- [Admission fee] Varies depending on the exhibition
- Parking Lot
- Available (80spaces) * Vehicle height limit 2.2 meters
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 18, 2020 (Information as of May 18, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Limited collection on display but interesting
- Gallery one on the main level was closed. Disappointed but that sometimes happens. Not able to understand why. Second floor gallery was open - admission ¥500, which houses a rotating collection on...
- 1951year is opened! Very Historical & can meet with Draemon!
- So fun! after watched a many historical things with Draemon of cartoon, brought a lunch box and ate in the garden that was great time I had! TAKAOKA ART MUSIAM was opened in 1951 year,very...
- Fujiko F Fujio
- We traveled from Kanazawa to visit this exhibition. It was much smaller than expected but still very nice. One advice, it’s still quite far by walking from Shin Takaoka Station, good news is the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.