Toyama Science Museum
Museum / Science Museum
This science museum adjacent to the north side of Toyama City's Jonan Park primarily deals with the theme of Toyama's natural environment and characteristics. At the museum's entrance, visitors are greeted by skeletal and anatomical models of the Naumann's elephants that roamed the lands of Toyama long ago. The museum's large dynamic models, including one of a tyrannosaurus rex, are sure to catch the attention of visitors. In one of the museums booths introducing the Tateyama mountain range and other elements of Toyama's natural environment, visitors can experience rare natural phenomena such as diamond dust. On the third floor, the museum presents the latest information on space through exhibits including a meteorite. The museum also has regular planetarium shows.
- Toyama Pref. Toyamashi Nishinakanomachi 1-8-31
- Toyama Area
- 9:00-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- New Year's Holiday, temporarily closed
- [Admission fee]Adults530yen, Free for high school students and younger
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Available(Free Wi-Fi Toyama)
Temporary suspension of operations:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 18, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Blow your mind with science!
- What a wonderful collection of exhibits and information! Enjoy the 3D cinema! Stroll around the parkland.
- Wandering Wonderful Science
- If you interested in learning about science around Toyama, its good to go there. You can learn about nature, creatures, and the space! There are some interesting materials you can try. We enjoyed...
- small, but nice for kids, inexpensive
- nice for kids, even if they dont speak japanese. we watch pokemon movie in the planetarium which they loved.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.