Sabae City Nishiyama Zoo
Opened in 1985, the Sabae City Nishiyama Zoo has made great strides in raising and breeding rare wild animals, particularly the red panda. This zoo is one of the few in the country to successfully breed red pandas. Red pandas don’t like the heat so you can’t see them much in summer, but there are live cameras placed inside and outside the red panda house, so you can see them in all their cuteness.
- Fukui Pref. Sabaeshi Sakuramachi 3-8-9
- Echizen Area
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays)
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Available (208 spaces) * Parking lot in front of Kyoyo Kaikan
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 18, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Im saying very good just because you can go see the red pandas.
- I took a quick side-trip to the zoo (which is tiny) but it has a bunch (a dozen?) red pandas in separate enclosures.There are also some showy pheasants and peacocks and some spider monkeys, but...
- Poucos animais, mas bem espaçoso e bom para crianças
- Entrada gratuita com poucos animais para ver, mas um espaço bem limpo e organizado para passear com crianças.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.