Takefu Knife Village
Other Factory Tour / Demonstration
At this collaborative workshop, visitors can watch the stunning techniques involved in making Echizen Uchihamono forged knives, a traditional craft boasting a 700-year-old history. The knife shop, remodeled in August 2020, is filled with beautiful knives lovingly crafted by artisans. At this comprehensive facility, visitors can see, experience, and purchase these magnificent knives.
- Fukui Pref. Echizenshi Yokawachou 22-91
- Echizen Area
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
- Available (Smoking Corner Available)
Temporary suspension of operations:Closed until May 6, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Sharp place!
- We were interested in purchasing a knife for a gift so we went to this place. You can choose from a range of knives with a variety of prices. We could go into the next building to see how the...
- Great tour
- Had a wonderful time. Very friendly people and really nice way to learn about knife making. I found Ikebana scissors which is a delight. They also sell designers knives.
- Worth a visit
- Our Hands On Japan tour took us to observe the making of absolutely beautiful, utilitarian knives.. They gave us a blade,taught us how to sharpen it ... and when completed.... mounted it in a handle...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.