Oyasukyo is a famous spot in Kurikoma Quasi-National Park, in Yuzawa City, Akita Prefecture. Located in a valley at 60 meter elevation, this hot spring is set apart by the boiling water and steam bubbling forth from bare rock. With its well-maintained trails, you can get a close look at the layers of bedrock holding back intense natural heat, with cracks letting out clouds of steam and hot water. It's also famous for its fall leaf viewing, and its popular sightseeing spot equipped with parking areas.
- Akita Pref. Yuzawashi Minase Aratokoro
- Open 24 hours
- open everyday
- Free(No admission fee is required)
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Yes (not possible during Wednesday when rivers increase due to heavy rain)
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Nature at its best!
- We visited Oyasukyo Daifunto in July 2016 when exploring the Yokote area with our two young sons (age nearly 2 & nearly 4). This is a spectacular slice of nature and was lovely when we went in...
- AMAZING Nature! And hot spot for onsen lovers.
- I have never seen anything quite like this; a steaming hot river cutting through a gorge, complete with steam vents shooting out of the cracks. Oyasukyo has a short and lovely hike down into the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Akita
- Towada Hachimantai / Shirakami
- Kosaka Mining Office
- Ani Ski Resort
- Hakka Pass Viewing Platform
- Kakunodate / Lake Tazawa / Nyuto
- Kakunodate Bukeyashiki (Samurai Residence Area)
- Rest Village Nyuto Onsenkyo
- Akita Tazawako Snow Resort
- Yokote / Yuzawa / Kurikoma
- Akita Furusato Village
- Yokote Masuda Manga Museum
- Oyasukyo Daifunto
- Central Akita / Oga Peninsula
- Oga Aquarium GAO
- Namahage Museum
- Akigin Omorin no Mori, Akita City Omoriyama Zoo