Matsukawa Hot Spring Shofuso (松川温泉 松楓荘)
This hot spring facility is located between mountains in Matsukawa Valley in Hachimantai City, Iwate Prefecture. It opened in 1743 and is the oldest in Matsukawa Onsen. The water of the hot spring is milky white and there are indoor baths and mixed open-air bath. Day-trips to the hot springs are also possible, and the facility is visited not only by locals but also by many tourists.
Iwate Pref. Hachimantaishi Matsuoyoriki 1-41 (Appi / Hachimantai / NinoheArea)
[Sunday return bath] 8:00-20:00
Review of ShofusoTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Iwate Pref. Hachimantaishi Matsuoyoriki 1-41 [map]
- [Sunday return bath] 8:00-20:00
- [Bathing charge] Adults600yen, Children 300yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard)
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 26, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
A northern Tohoku prefecture promising peace and quiet, Iwate is sparsely populated, replacing people with snow-capped mountains, history-rich sites, and fields of crops that are to thank for the region's delicious local cuisine. Meander along the three-city Golden Route, where you'll visit the grand Buddhist temples of Hiraizumi and the Tono folk villages before tasting the three famed noodle dishes of Morioka.