Takkoku no Iwaya Bishamondo Hall (Takkoku Seikoji Temple)
This temple of the Tendai sect of Buddhism is located in the Hiraizumi-cho area of Nishiwai County, Iwate Prefecture. This cascade temple worships Bishamonten, which is in the Bishamondo Hall, and is a nationally designated Historic Site. In addition, it is also famous for having a torii gate, which is rare in temples. Many tourists visit to enjoy the different scenery of every season.
- Iwate Pref. Nishiwaigunhiraizumichou Hiraizumi Kitazawa 16 Map
- open everyday
[Junior high school student]200yen
[Up to elementary school student]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available (Smoking space available outside the facility)
- English Menu
- Available (English brochure Available)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (1 car available for rental)
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Part of the religious tapestry of Hiraizumi
- This temple does not take that long to visit with its main feature being the Buddha carved into the cliff face. Nevertheless it played an important role in the history of this area and has impressive...
- A place you can rid your sorrows
- The quiet serene feeling you get here is something astounding. Here you cannot harm animals (including insects), consume food, or have bad feelings/thoughts (according to the pamphlet). This is a...
- Worth a visit only if you pass by
- It is alright if you pass by but this is a reconstruction. There is nothing much left of the old one.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.