Miyazawa Kenji Memorial Museum
The Miyazawa Kenji Memorial Museum is located in the city of Hanamaki in Iwate Prefecture. It contains video images, as well as materials related to the poet and author of children's stories, Miyazawa Kenji, organized into exhibits in five fields. There are presentations about the creative process that led to Miyazawa's works, commentaries, and the results of research about him. Special events are held inside the museum, including limited-time exhibits of the manuscripts of his children's stories.
- Iwate Pref. Hanamakishi Yasawa 1-1-36
- Hanamaki / Tono Area
- 8:30-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
[Admission fee] Elementary/Junior High School Students150yen, High School Students/Students 250yen, General350yen
[Admission fee (20people and above)] Elementary/Junior High School Students100yen, High School Students/Students 200yen, General300yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (Standard size 40spaces, Large Bus 7spaces)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 22, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Better to use Donguri to Yamaneko Bus service
- I recommend to book Donguri to Yamaneko bus service to take you many spots in the area in classic style little bus costing about USD52 for whole day tour(half day also available)In the morning...
- Interesting on a rainy day ...
- The museum is dedicated wholly to the life of Kenji Miyazawa (1896-1933) the author of Night on the Galactic Railroad. He was a poet, wrote childrens books, painted (a bit), taught agricultural...
- small but enjoyable
- It is a small museum of the writer. Pretty interesting but unfortunately there are only limited English signs and descriptions.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.