Sake Museum, Toko Brewery
This library museum is located in Oh-machi, Yonezawa City, the Kojima Sake Brewery, the producer of the choice sake, Toko. One can learn about the culture and history of sake making through this exhibit displaying the old instruments and records housed in the sake cellar that has been renovated, while preserving the original structure. In the permanent exhibit room, the feudal lord Uesugi Yozan Hall, is displayed materials pertaining to feudal lord Uesugi Yosan, the ancient head of the Yonezawa clan. Here one can learn of his government and character.
- Yamagata Pref. Yonezawashi Omachi 2-3-22 Yanagi Town Upper Street
- Okitama Area
- [Admission fee] General350yen, Junior and Senior High School 250yen, Elementary School Students150yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (20spaces, bus 5spaces)
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DC, UFJCard, NICOS)
- Others (1 smoking area Available)
* Shortened business hours to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection
[Saturday, Sunday, Public holiday] 9:00-16:30
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Interested in Saké? This is for You.
- Tucked away in a small mountain city in Yamagata Perfecture is a hidden jewel. Owned and run by the same Kojima family since 1597, Toko not only makes great saké, they also own this fantastic museum...
- Excellent buying experience
- This review not so much on the museum (no english captions), but on the store. we had a lovely time trying out and buying all the different sakes. great to have takyubin service as well so we dont...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.