Sake Museum, Toko Brewery酒造資料館 東光の酒蔵
This library museum is located in Oh-machi, Yonezawa City, the Kojima Sake Brewery, the producer of the choice sake, Toko. One can learn about the culture and history of sake making through this exhibit displaying the old instruments and records housed in the sake cellar that has been renovated, while preserving the original structure. In the permanent exhibit room, the feudal lord Uesugi Yozan Hall, is displayed materials pertaining to feudal lord Uesugi Yosan, the ancient head of the Yonezawa clan. Here one can learn of his government and character.
Yamagata Pref. Yonezawashi Omachi 2-3-22 Yanagi Town Upper Street (Yonezawa / OkitamaArea)
Review of Toko no SakaguraTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Yamagata Pref. Yonezawashi Omachi 2-3-22 Yanagi Town Upper Street [ map ]
- [Admission fee] General350yen, Junior high and high school students 250yen, Elementary School Students150yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (20spaces, bus 5spaces)
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DC, UFJCard, NICOS)
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Although often overlooked, Yamagata prefecture by no means lacks appeal: the Yamadera temple trail through the mountains, deliciously tender Yonezawa wagyu, and over 100 steaming hot springs, most notably Zao Onsen, await visitors. When winter comes, the snowcapped peaks become dotted with skiers by day and onsen-goers by night, while summer brings the celebration of juicy Yamagata cherries.