Yamagata Museum of Art
This museum is located across the way to the east of Kajo Park in Ote-machi, Yamagata City. Exhibited here are not only the Japanese works of Matsuo Basho's Three Mountains of Dewa writings, Yosa Buson's The Narrow Road through the Provinces scroll, but also a collection of Modern French works including Monet and Renoir. The museum also hosts various planned exhibits related to the collections, the Yamagata General Art Exhibits, local art exhibits, photography exhibits, and calligraphy exhibits.
- Yamagata Pref. Yamagatashi Otemachi 1-63
- Murayama Area
- 10:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
Monday (next weekday if it falls on a public holiday), 12/28-1/3
*May close outside of stated days due to exhibition changes, etc.
- [Permanent Exhibition] General 800yen, high school and university students 400yen, elementary and junior high school students 200yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- A splendid collection
- Living in Paris, I go quite often to Orsay or marmottan museums. The 40 paintings exposed (monet, pissaro, van dongen, Chagall,... ) are very fine. There are very well representating the period...
- Small selection
- This was a great little find to fill in a couple of hours in Yamagata. Exhibition mainly consisted of photographs which were great. The permanent exhibition of paintings and sculptures were really...
- small and focussed
- Wonderful Japanese print making exhibit with English explanations of the theme of the print as well as the history of the artist; lovely small museum, not overwhelming
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.