Yamagata Museum of Art (山形美術館)
This museum is located across the way to the east of Kajo Park in Ote-machi, Yamagata City. Exhibited here are not only the Japanese works of Matsuo Basho's Three Mountains of Dewa writings, Yosa Buson's The Narrow Road through the Provinces scroll, but also a collection of Modern French works including Monet and Renoir. The museum also hosts various planned exhibits related to the collections, the Yamagata General Art Exhibits, local art exhibits, photography exhibits, and calligraphy exhibits.
Yamagata Pref. Yamagatashi Otemachi 1-63 (Yamagata / Zao / Tendo / KaminoyamaArea)
Review of Yamagata Museum of ArtTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Yamagata Pref. Yamagatashi Otemachi 1-63 [map]
- 10:00-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Monday, 12/28-1/3
* There may be days when the facility is closed.
- [Permanent exhibition] General 600yen, high school student 300yen, elementary and junior high school student 100yen
* Friday varies depending on the exhibition
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Although often overlooked, Yamagata prefecture by no means lacks appeal: the Yamadera temple trail through the mountains, deliciously tender Yonezawa wagyu, and over 100 steaming hot springs, most notably Zao Onsen, await visitors. When winter comes, the snowcapped peaks become dotted with skiers by day and onsen-goers by night, while summer brings the celebration of juicy Yamagata cherries.