Sobadokoro Shojiya (Yamagata Main Shop)
Soba / Udon
This is a soba noodle shop along the Ushu Road in the Saiwai-cho, Yamagata City. Founded during the Keio period, this over 150-year-old shop is the oldest store in Yamagata Prefecture. They offer hand-made soba noodles using the skills handed down by generations of artisans. There are a lot of other items on the menu besides soba, including udon, mugikiri, and microbrew jizake. The shop exudes the history of the Edo period, with a hearth, seating in the rice cellar all within this traditional restaurant.
- Yamagata Pref. Yamagatashi Saiwaichou 14-28
- Murayama Area
* Weekday 15:30-17:00 Break
- Monday (Next Weekday for Public holidays)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Polite staff and nice ambience.
- Polite staff and nice ambience. Mushroom soba was very tasty but the tempera for soba was a bit too oily to both me and my husband liking
- Best soba ever
- The best soba ever eaten during my 2 weeks japan trip. Nice ambient, very kind staff. I also bought their soba-tea:delicious! Recommented.
- Japanese friends recommendation
- About 10 minutes walk from Yamagata station.They have not only soba but udon.I loved soba-yu which boiled water with soba. I ate tenzaru, tempura and soba. Delicious.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.