Roadside Station Shonai Fusha Ichiba (道の駅しょうない 風車市場)
This roadside station, just opened in 2016, is along the National Route 47. Here, local fresh vegetables, artisan work pieces and sweets are sold. In addition to the direct from farm market, the station adjoins the Irodori Windmill Restaurant, where one can sit and watch the wind turbines while enjoying dishes made by the local residents from the local produce. As the name implies, this is a rare spot in Japan where you can watch group of aligned wind turbines so up close on flatland.
Yamagata Pref. Higashitagawagunshounaimachi Karikawa Sotokitawari 97-1 (Sakata / TsuruokaArea)
Review of Michi-no-Eki ShonaiTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Yamagata Pref. Higashitagawagunshounaimachi Karikawa Sotokitawari 97-1 [map]
- Parking Lot
- Available(Cars56spaces, Large-sized vehicles9spaces, 2spaces for disabled people)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Although often overlooked, Yamagata prefecture by no means lacks appeal: the Yamadera temple trail through the mountains, deliciously tender Yonezawa wagyu, and over 100 steaming hot springs, most notably Zao Onsen, await visitors. When winter comes, the snowcapped peaks become dotted with skiers by day and onsen-goers by night, while summer brings the celebration of juicy Yamagata cherries.