Saitama Children’s Zoo (埼玉県こども動物自然公園)
Located among gentle hills, this largest zoo in the prefecture is home to over 200 popular animal species (1,600 total animals), including koalas, lesser pandas, and capybaras. There are lots of activities to try too, like riding ponies, petting monkeys and marmosets, and milking animals. You can watch the cute capybaras play in a rock bath during winter.
Saitama Pref. Higashimatsuyamashi Iwadono 554 (Hidaka / HannoArea)
- Saitama Pref. Higashimatsuyamashi Iwadono 554 [map]
- Hidaka / HannoArea
- 9:30-17:00(Last entry16:00)
- Monday (Open for Public holiday), New Year's Holiday (12/29-1/1)
* Jan. May be Monday/Tuesday, Closed for the day Sunday.
- [Admission fee]
[Small/Junior High School Students]210yen
*Free for those who have preschool or disability certificate
- Parking Lot
※Charge Cars600yen, Large-sized vehicles1200yen
- Credit Card
- Available *Some stores only (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Other (Available only at designated outdoor locations)
- Not available
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of June 15, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Yes (change of animal display location etc.)
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Eclipsed by neighboring Tokyo, Saitama is often branded as the sleepy suburbs. However, look a little deeper and you’ll uncover quaint towns bursting with history and crafts from the kurazukuri Edo-period clay houses of Kawagoe to the ancient tree-enveloped temples of Chichibu.