The Railway Museum鉄道博物館
The Railway Museum is located near Tetsudo Hakubutsukan Station in Onaricho, Omiya Ward, Saitama City. Built to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the founding of JR East, The Railway Museum undertakes preservation and research work in relation to both Japanese and international railways. Using exhibits of real railway locomotives from different eras, as well as train-driving simulators etc., the Museum enables visitors to learn about both the history of railways and the latest rail technology.
Saitama Pref. Saitamashi Omiya-ku Onarichou 3-47
Review of The Railway MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Saitama Pref. Saitamashi Omiya-ku Onarichou 3-47 [map]
- 10:00-18:00(Latest entry17:30)
- Tuesday (may open during long school holidays), New Year's Holiday
- [Admission fee] ¥ [Adult] 1330yen ¥ [Elementary/High school student] 620yen ¥ [3 years old-Pre-schoolers] 310yen ¥ ※ Some facilities paid in the building
- Parking Lot
- Available 280spaces
- Credit Card
- Available (some stores only)
VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, VIEW, etc.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- View route from Station View route from Bus Stop View route from IC View route from Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Saitama Main Areas
Eclipsed by neighboring Tokyo, Saitama is often branded as the sleepy suburbs. However, look a little deeper and you'll uncover quaint towns bursting with history and crafts from the kurazukuri Edo-period clay houses of Kawagoe to the ancient tree-enveloped temples of Chichibu.