The Railway Museum (鉄道博物館)
The Railway Museum is located near Tetsudo Hakubutsukan Station in Onaricho, Omiya Ward, Saitama City. Built to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the founding of JR East, The Railway Museum undertakes preservation and research work in relation to both Japanese and international railways. Using exhibits of real railway locomotives from different eras, as well as train-driving simulators etc., the Museum enables visitors to learn about both the history of railways and the latest rail technology.
Saitama Pref. Saitamashi Omiya-ku Onarichou 3-47 (Kawagoe / SaitamaArea)
10:00-17:00 (Last entry 16:30) * Subject to change
- Saitama Pref. Saitamashi Omiya-ku Onarichou 3-47 [map]
- 10:00-17:00 (Last entry 16:30) * Subject to change
- Tuesday, New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] [General] 1,330yen [Elementary, junior high and high school students] 620yen [Toddlers (3 years old and over Pre-schoolers)] 310yen Please purchase (limited number).
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- * The smoking room is closed to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Eclipsed by neighboring Tokyo, Saitama is often branded as the sleepy suburbs. However, look a little deeper and you'll uncover quaint towns bursting with history and crafts from the kurazukuri Edo-period clay houses of Kawagoe to the ancient tree-enveloped temples of Chichibu.