Art Tower Mito
The Art Tower Mito is a joint art facility located about 10 minutes by car from Mito Station. It has an art museum with mainly modern art exhibits, a concert hall complete with pipe organ, and a stage for musicals and traditional arts like rakugo. Uniquely composed of equilateral triangular panels, the Symbol Tower features a lookout deck with a view of Mito City and vicinity. You can get a tour of the interior (includes the tower) even as an individual.
- Ibaraki Pref. Mitoshi Gokenchou 1-6-8
- Mito / Kasama Area
- 9:30-18:00 (extended due to special events)
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's holiday
- [Contemporary art gallery/planning admission] 900yen [Tower observation room admission] [Adult] 200yen [Child] 100yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (217 spaces) * Free up to 30 minutes, 200yen up to 1 hour, 100yen every 30 minutes thereafter
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard)
- * Currently, in order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, the visit to the observation room has been canceled for the time being.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Fascinating tower
- We were pleased to see the tower, and the whole art centre complex, but it was very quiet with not a lot going on. The tower was closed, as was the contemporary art gallery. The foyer with the...
- Interesting tower
- At first from far away I thought it was a strange looking office building. Then upon inspection getting closer you can see it is just art. It is interesting to say the least, but one visit from us is...
- A spectacular 100 meter high tower which is visible around the area and landmarks the actual modern museum site. If you want to go up you do not have to visit the museum itself. You can pay inside...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.