Art Tower Mito (水戸芸術館)
The Art Tower Mito is a joint art facility located about 10 minutes by car from Mito Station. It has an art museum with mainly modern art exhibits, a concert hall complete with pipe organ, and a stage for musicals and traditional arts like rakugo. Uniquely composed of equilateral triangular panels, the Symbol Tower features a lookout deck with a view of Mito City and vicinity. You can get a tour of the interior (includes the tower) even as an individual.
Ibaraki Pref. Mitoshi Gokenchou 1-6-8 (Mito / Oarai / HitachinakaArea)
9:30-18:00 (extended depending on the event)
Review of Art Tower MitoTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Ibaraki Pref. Mitoshi Gokenchou 1-6-8 [map]
- 9:30-18:00 (extended depending on the event)
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's Holiday
- [Contemporary art gallery/planning admission]
[Tower observation room admission]
- Parking Lot
- Available (217 spaces)
* Free up to 30 minutes, 200yen up to 1 hour, 100yen every 30 minutes thereafter
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard)
- * Currently, in order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, the tour of the observation room has been canceled for the time being.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Just a stone’s throw from Tokyo, Ibaraki is a coastal prefecture that has mastered juxtapositions, where old shrines meet new scientific discoveries and traditional gardens are frequented by the inventors of some of the newest technology. Head to Mito City's Kairakuen - one of Japan's Three Great Gardens - in spring to experience the cellestial blooming of fantastic cherry blossoms at the annual sakura festival.