Ryujin Big Suspension Bridge
Ryujin Big Suspension Bridge located in Okukuji Prefectural Nature Park in Ibaraki Prefecture is a suspension bridge that crosses over Ryujin Gorge and boasts the longest length in Honshu. There is a carillon called “Mori no Kane” is on the opposite bank, and it is popular among couples as it needs two people to press a button simultaneously. From the hanging bridge of a maximum height of 100 meters, you can do bungie jumping, and there are also various seasonal events such as the koinobori (a carp streamer) festival and the suifusoba festival where Hitachiaki soba noodles, a local specialty, can be enjoyed.
- Ibaraki Pref. Hitachiotashi Keganochou 2133-6
- 8:30-17:00 (Last entry 16:40) * Traffic may be restricted depending on the weather
- [Friday] Adults320yen, Children (Small/Junior high school students) 210yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 18, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- good experience
- Ryujin Big Suspension Bridge is located in Hitachiota city, surrounded by mountains. When I went there, there weren’t anything events going on there, but there were a lot of people. It’s a place rich...
- Were on a bridge to nowhere.
- Its a 320 yen excuse to be in natural surroundings. The bridgeway is connected to various nature walks but most of those were closed for maintenance in January 2020 . Theres the bungee of course.
- Just a Bridge in the Middle of Nowhere
- I think the bridge has no particular purpose except for viewing the gorge below during autumn and occasional bungee jumping? (In Japan, this might be an example of wasteful spending). Still, it...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.