Shika no Yu鹿の湯
This hot spring facility is located in Yumoto, Nasu Town. It is said to have opened approximately 1,300 years ago. It is considered the oldest hot spring in Tochigi Prefecture, and many of the surrounding hot-spring hotels use it as their spring water source. The baths are divided into six temperature levels ranging from 41–48 degrees Celsius (there is no 48-degree women’s bath). It is said that by following the bathing protocol, such as pouring water over yourself before entering the bath, you can increase the hot spring’s effects.
Tochigi Pref. Nasugunnasumachi Yumoto 181 (Nasu / Shiobara / OhtawaraArea)
8:00-18:00 (Reception is until 17:30)
Review of Shika no YuTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
demerit:be crowded,nagging,so hot.
sika no yu is most old house and by old custom.
- Tochigi Pref. Nasugunnasumachi Yumoto 181 [ map ]
- 8:00-18:00 (Reception is until 17:30)
- open everyday
- [Weekday]Adults400yen, Children(Elementary School Students)300yen, ChildFree
[SaturdaySundayPublic holiday]Adults500yen, Children(Elementary School Students)300yen, ChildFree
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Most visits to Tochigi revolve around Nikko, a small city home to the spectacular, lavishly decorated Toshogu Shrine and Nikko National Park with its mountains, lakes, waterfalls, onsen, and wild monkeys. Neighboring Oku-Nikko is an extension of the fantastic scenery famous for its autumn leaves, while Tochigi's capital, Utsunomiya, is the only place in the world where you can find oya stone beautifully exhibited in temples and the Oya History Museum.