Kinugawa Onsen Ropeway
A ropeway for tourists located in the Kinugawa Onsen hot spring resort village. The ropeway connects Kinugawaonsen-Sanroku Station at the base of a large hill to a scenic overlook at its summit. Also known as “Osaru no Yama” (“Monkey Mountain”), several Japanese macaques are kept at the scenic overlook. Visitors can purchase food to give to the monkeys. Onsen-jinja Shrine stands at the rear of the scenic overlook and enshrines a portion of the deity which the Toyokawa Inari-jinja shrine houses. Viewed as a god of both business prosperity and hot springs, many locals come here to pray for good luck.
- Tochigi Pref. Nikkoushi Kinugawaonsentaki 834
- 9:00-16:00 (last descent 16:24)
- open everyday (suspended due to maintenance and inspection)
- [Round trip] [Adults (Junior high school students and older)] 1,100yen [Children (4 years old-Elementary school students)] 550yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Yes (no fare for children under 3 years old)
- Pet friendly
- Possible (300yen per animal) * Please put it in the cage while riding (no face)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- The shrine at top was closed so only a 5 minute attraction
- A large cage filled with relaxed looking monkeys and nothing else. Walking path was closed due to bear threat. 5 minute activity but costs around 1000 yen.
- Not really worth visiting
- This ropeway is not so crowded, so there is no long waiting time. However inside the cabin its narrow and the view is not so great as expected. There are some hiking routes upside and cages with...
- Beautiful view
- Liked the view at the top of the ropeway. Blessed with good weather, thus a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.