The Kagawa Museum
Museum / Science Museum
This prefectural museum combines an art museum and a history museum into a single facility. The large interior features materials on Kagawa Prefecture’s history and life-size restored models, as well as permanent exhibitions on Kagawa-born authors such as Genichiro Inokuma and Isamu Noguchi. Visitors also have the chance to wear ceremonial court lady attire and battle armor and participate in other fun activities, and there’s also a reading corner and other facilities to give them a chance to immerse themselves in Kagawa’s history, art, and culture.
- Kagawa Pref. Takamatsushi Tamamochou 5-5
- Takamatsu Area
9:00-17:00 (Latest entry 16:30)
[Opening between Dinners Sunday] 9:00-19:30 (Latest entry 19:00)
* Please see the website for details.
Monday (Next Weekday for Public holiday Holiday), Late Dec.-1/1
* Temporary Days closed
[Common to permanent exhibitions and history exhibitions]
[High School Students and below, Over 65, those with a disability certificate, etc.] Free
* Special exhibition is an extra charge Friday
- Parking Lot
Available (50 spaces)
* Charge (100yen every 25 minutes)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (Kagawa Wi-Fi)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Nice Museum
- Kagawa features exhibits of modern artwork from around the world, so, be prepared to see a little of this and a little of that from other cultures.
- Brilliant exhibition and permanent collection.
- I was totally spoilt when I visited the Kahala Museum, the most amazing exhibition of illustrated books from the the Edo period on plants, fishes and birds. You do not have to be a fan of those areas...
- Local museum, good rainy day attraction
- This is a very nice space, but if feels a little neglected. Most of it looks like it was built in the 60s or thereabouts and hasnt been updated since then. I actually love places like this, but...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.