Monet's Garden Marmottan in Kitagawa Village
The gardens of Giverny in France so loved by the impressionist painter Claude Monet have been replicated in Kitagawa Village, Aki County, Kochi Prefecture. Here in the vast gardens are some 100,000 plants. Different scenes can be enjoyed throughout the four seasons where visitors can delight in the Flower Garden with flowers blooming throughout the year, the Water Garden which features in replica form Monet’s memorable series of works, the Water Lilies, as well as the Light Garden which is based on Monet’s expedition to the Mediterranean Sea. From about June each year the lush blue water lilies, which were said never to have bloomed for Monet until the end, are an exceptional sight. There is also an observatory, a restaurant, and shop.
- Kouchi Pref. Akigunkitagawamura Notomo Kou 1100
- Aki / Muroto Area
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- June.-Oct. 1st Wednesday, 12/Jan.--Feb. End
- [Admission fee] [General] 1,000yen [Elementary and junior high school students] 500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Available(free spot)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Yes (you can see the garden even in the rain, but you can't rent an umbrella.)
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Walk into a Monet painting
- So very pretty. This is not a copy of the garden at Giverny, but rather a garden that recreates the feel and scenes of Monets paintings. I was fortunate enough to visit in August, when the...
- France in Kochi
- Breathtakingly Beautiful, this botanical garden and museum lives up to its name and captures the essence of Mr. Monets work and living subject matter in all its eloquence. How someone could not give...
- a good visit if youve seen everything else.
- pros:the gardens are lovely; the art gallery has nice reproductions; the background of mountains is pretty. cons: its out of the way if you dont have a car, the bus stop at Nahari is not marked...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.