The Towel Museum
This is a specialist towel museum located in Japan’s leading towel production area, Imabari City, Ehime Prefecture. Housed within a building reminiscent of a European castle there is also a 33,000 square meter European style garden with flowers blooming throughout the year. Inside the museum visitors will find a whole range of items on display made out of towel and cloth by the writer, painter and product designer Atsuko Matano. Visitors can also take a look around the place where towels are made and have their own unique embroidery stitched into a towel they’ve purchased. There is also a shop which sells Shikoku souvenirs with a focus on towel products.
- Ehime Pref. Imabarishi Asakurakami
- 9:30-18:00 * Last entry to the paid gallery is until 17:30
- 2022/1/13, 2022/1/20
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 800yen [Junior and senior high school students] 600yen [Elementary school students] 400yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Available (advance consultation required)
- Halal certified
- Yes (prior consultation required)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- So many towels
- I thoroughly enjoyed this place - it was very interesting and had a great stock of towels. I wished that I had of purchased some to bring back home.
- Amazing Towel Art
- Went to Imabari Towel Museum as part of our One Day Bus Tour. As we entered the museum we were guided to go straight to the fourth floor where the towel museum was located. We saw how...
- Textiles and shopping
- We went to this museum as part of a tour. It seem quite far away and isolated from the town. If you like textiles, then it would be an eyeopener on what textiles can do. There are many nice picture...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.