Tobe Zoological Park of Ehime Prefecture
This prefectural zoo, located within the Ehime Prefectural Sports Complex in Tobe Town, Iyo County, Ehime Prefecture, has the largest site area of any zoo in Western Japan. Visitors can enjoy panoramic views without the hindrance of cages and fences due to the use of natural features around the site. Visitors can see about 180 species and 1,000 animals in the zoo including Peace, the first successfully hand-reared polar bear in Japan, African elephants, and some clever chimpanzees. The zoo also holds events throughout the year including the Night Zoo, where visitors can observe the animals at night.
- Ehime Pref. Iyoguntobechou Kamiharamachi 240
- Tobe Area
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (next weekday for public holidays), New Year's holiday(12/29-1/1)
[High School Students/Over 65] 200yen
[Small/Junior High School Students] 100yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available (Available only in two smoking areas on site)
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Nice zoo in a nice environment
- I visited this small/medium sized zoo with a friend. It was off season on a weekday. So we almost had the zoo for ourselves. There is a good variety of animals from all around the world. The zoo is...
- Neat Zoo
- Im a big zoo fan. Whenever I travel, I visit the local animal park/zoo/aquarium/etc. I found Tobe Zoo to be very nice. The exhibits/enclosures are creative and open. There is a good variety of...
- Alaska attends Polar Bear Peaces 16th birthday
- Just last week I had the opportunity to attend Polar Bear Peaces birthday party It was a very happy occasion that displayed the wonderful feelings of adults and youth all had for Peace. Prior to...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.