SANKO Yumeminato Tower
This fully glass tower was built as a symbol of the “Japan Expo ’97 Tottori—San-in Yumeminato Exposition”, held in 1997. On the top floor of this 43- meter-high tower, you can get a 360-degree view of the Sea of Japan, Shimane Peninsula, and Sakaiminato streets. There are numerous things to enjoy inside the tower, including Minatomachi market—which was selected as one of the Top 100 souvenir facilities, as chosen by professionals, Tower’s Café—a place for gazing over the seas, and an exhibition hall of materials which let you experience the culture of various countries in the Sea of Japan who maintained trade with Tottori prefecture.
- Tottori Sakaiminato-shi Takenouchidanchi 255-3
- Sakaiminato Area
[Apr.- Sep.]9:00-18:00(Last entry17:30)
[Oct.- Mar.]9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- 2nd Wednesday (Wednesday for Towers Cafe) * For Public holidays, The next day
- [Admission fee] Free [Observation room/Exhibition room Admission fee] [High school students and above] 300yen [Small/Junior high school students] 150yen [Toddlers] Free
- Parking Lot
- Available (300spaces, bus 10spaces)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 22, 2020 (Information as of May 21, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Nice 360 degree seaview from 43 Meters tower
- Showing your passport could enjoy 50% discount off on the entrance fee.We paid ¥150 only.The 3rd Floor has a movie theatre whichintroducing Tottori Prefecturess produces, attractions, activities...
- A special structured observation tower
- It is only 10 minutes drive from the Yonago Airport. On the top floor (4/F) you can view the area 360 degree. Apart from the tower, you may also go to the Fish Whole Market and a Mega store.
- A good place to hang out if youre in Sakaiminato
- When I went there was a huge rainstorm, so I didnt have much of a view from the town. That was a let down, but it was a good place to hang out while waiting for the storm to pass. If I had brought a...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.