The largest Japanese garden surrounding a pond in the San’in region, which opened in 1975, is located on Daikonshima Island in a lake called Nakaumi (Middle Sea) in Matsue City, Shimane Prefecture. It is an idyllic garden of a simple and subdued refinement with its black pine, a waterfall, and Yukimi (snow viewing) lanterns in the center of the pond. It is famous for its peony and other seasonal flowers. In addition to the interior garden Peony Hall, where you can appreciate peony throughout the year, a Spring Peony Festival is held from late April to mid-May when about 20,000 trees of 250 species of peony color the garden. There are also places to eat and shops available. Goods using the special product Ginseng are popular.
- Shimane Pref. Matsueshi Yatsukachouhanyu 1260-2
- 10:00-17:00 (Last entry 16:30) * However, the GW period between Evenings Period of illumination, 4 and May will be extended.
- [Regular season] [General] 800yen [Elementary, junior high and high school students] 400yen [Toddlers] Free 1,000yen [Elementary, junior high and high school students] 450-500yen [Toddlers] Free [Best season (when Ikezumi Peony is held during the GW period)] [General] 1,200yen [Elementary, junior high and high school students] 600yen [Toddlers] Free * Group discount (20 people or more) is 150yen discount for Adults fee Friday * Silver discount (70 years old and over) is 100yen discount for Adults fee Friday (certificate required)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Currently closed (information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Seasonal Displays are Gorgeous
- Just outside Matsue, is Yuushien Garden. I drove here, there is a large parking lot across the street. You enter an interesting building with a shop, café, and ginseng displays. There is a fee to...
- Peony, Peace and Harmony
- This is the third Japanese garden that I have visited. I am always amazed with Japanese garden. This garden is identically with Peony flower and we even saw Sakura flower although Cherry blossom has...
- 由志園 Yuushien, an amazing peony garden.
- 日本語は最後です。This beautiful peony garden offers magnificent flower arrangement by Shogo Kariyazaki, a famous flower artist.Various kinds of illumination iights up the peony flowers and other...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.