The Hagi Museum
Museum / Science Museum
A museum dedicated to Hagi City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, which prospered as a castle town in the ancient Choshu Domain and where many historic buildings from that time still stand. The museum was built to serve as the central facility of the Hagi Machiju Museum project, which aims to turn the entire neighborhood into a giant museum. The museum contains some 190 thousand items connected to Hagi, including historical materials and works of art. There’s a section of the museum which presents historic figures affiliated with Hagi, such as Takasugi Shinsaku and Yoshida Shoin, a gallery where visitors can come in contact with the culture and natural environment of Hagi, and more. Four times a year, the museum holds special exhibits.
- Yamaguchi Pref. Hagishi Horiuchi 355 Map
- Hagi Area
- 9:00-17:00 (Admission closes at 16:30)
Wednesday, New Year's holiday from Jan.-Mar. 2nd week (12/30-1/1)
[Jan.] Wednesday, 4thWednesday to 3Sundays until Sunday
[June.]Wednesday, 2ndWednesday to the day after that for 3Sundays until Sunday
- [Admission fee]Adults520yen, High school and college students 310yen, Elementary and Junior high school students100yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 14, 2020 (Information as of May 14, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Interesting little place
- A nice museum about the area.If you dont speak Japanese you can still enjoy it quitte a bit.The staff was nice.
- Small historical museum
- This Museum focuses on the history of the town of Hagi.There is a section on the fauna of the region including a giant squid.Nice adjacent coffee shop.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.