Tottori Sand Dune Geo Park Center
At this facility standing on the Tottori Sand Dunes, you can have fun learning about nature and human activities in the area, including about the plants and animals which live on the dunes, and the history of the relationship between people and the dunes. In the Sunakura dome theater, you can watch a stunning movie about the dunes. You can also watch and listen to a detailed explanation about how the wave patterns are formed in the dunes as a guide uses a one-of-a-kind machine which recreates sand dune wave patterns.
- Tottori Pref. Tottorishi Fukubechouyuyama 2164-661
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- Not available * Nearest Tottori Sand Dunes Parking Lot About300spaces (500JPY/day)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(National Park Wi-fi)
* The facility is currently in operation due to the reconstruction work at the visitor center.
The visitor center is scheduled to open in the winter of 2018.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Small but effective, science center
- This little center explains quite a lot about why the sand dunes are here, and how lighting across the ridges of the sand dunes changes, and how ripples are formed. We had particular fun learning...
- Great visitor center especially outside
- Great (also in size) visitor center located at the base of the stairs going up the sand dunes. The sand dunes are just a part of the Sanin Kaigan National Park which is much bigger than the sand...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.