Mizuki Shigeru Memorial Museum
A museum located a 10 minute walk from Sakaiminato Station along the Mizuki Shigeru Road. The museum presents the work of Sakaiminato-born manga artist Shigeru Mizuki as well as the world of “yokai,” the Japanese folk monsters frequently featured in the artist’s works, and his characters. In addition to amusing models and images of yokai monsters as well as original pictures and explanatory materials, the museum also exhibits the yokai collection and travel notes of Mizuki, a man who loved to go on adventures. There’s a library where you are free to read manga comic books, and here you can find works that are now difficult to obtain on the open market.
- Tottori Pref. Sakaiminatoshi Honmachi 5
- Sakaiminato Area
- 9:30-17:00 (Admission is 30 minutes before closing) * Subject to change
- open everyday
- [Admission fee] [General] 700yen [Middle, High school students] 500yen [Elementary school students] 300yen [Pre-schoolers] Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available (Municipal parking lot available in the vicinity)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.