Adachi Museum of Art
An art museum located in Furukawa Town, Yasugi City, Shimane Prefecture which focuses on displaying modern Japanese paintings. The museum’s collection includes master Japanese painter Yokoyama Taikan’s masterpieces “Koyo” and “Ame hareru,” in addition to works by other modern Japanese painters such as Takeuchi Seiho and Hashimoto Kansetsu, in addition to ceramics by renowned artist Kitaouji Rosanjin. The museum’s exhibit is changed four times a year in line with the seasons. The museum is also famous for Japanese gardens such as the Karesansui-tei rock garden and Hakusaseisho-tei sand and pine garden, totaling some 50 thousand square meters in all. The museum’s gardens are revered around the world and they have long ranked in at number one on the American Japanese gardening magazine “Journal of Japanese Gardening’s” list of top gardens.
- Shimane Pref. Yasugishi Furukawachou 320
- open everyday (Days closed only in the new building due to exhibition change)
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 2,300yen [College student] 1,800yen [High school student] 1,000yen [Elementary and junior high school students] 500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 5,001-10,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A marvelous combination of pictures and a garden.
- The museum is maintained very well, and I enjoyed the silent beauty of objects and a garden. The founder left the phrase, A garden, is also an artwork.. I could understand his message by standing...
- An indoor and outdoor gallery
- One of the most beautiful formats for a gallery, mixing framed views of perfect, unscaleable Japanese garden design with traditional exhibitions of more recent Japanese artists from 19th and 20th...
- Beautiful garden
- I have never saw the garden so beautiful just like a picture. It is very excellent and I have been interested in Japanese garden culture.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.